Mon 23 Oct 2023 • Liza Kershaw
PODCAST: From Turning Points to Learning Points
It is 2015, we are in Nepal for the first time, and our mission to build a uniquely skilled and united team is building momentum.
Nick Kershaw explores what follows after transformative moments. In this episode, he reflects on the journey from vision to reality, touching on the highs and lows of operationalising a dream project in Nepal. The focus here is on distinguishing between turning points and learning points in this remarkable journey.
Key Talking Points
- After The Meeting with Urgen: The daily grind that comes after profound meetings and the need for rolling up your sleeves to get the job done, especially in challenging environments like rural Nepal.
- Turning Points vs Learning Points: Understanding the pivotal moments that either change the course of your path or serve as crucial lessons for growth and improvement.
- The Unyielding Geography of Nepal: A look at the country’s captivating yet demanding terrain that poses significant logistical challenges.
- Infrastructure Woes: Why the roads are not tarmacked and the never-ending cycle of infrastructure budgeting.
- The Resilience of Nepali Communities: How these communities adapt and navigate through everything that life throws their way, proving that resilience is more than just a cliché.
- Finding the Right Partners: Nick's firsthand experience with a local organisation, exploring potential event locations and learning the importance of a team that shares the same vision and ethos.
- The Rainy Episode: A telling event where a team’s commitment and collective spirit were put to the test, shaping Nick’s understanding of who would be the right fit for the Nepal Impact Marathon.
- Keep Calibrating: Why the journey, though arduous, reaffirms the vision, mission, and conviction to create something impactful.
- Moving Forward: The search for a team that aligns with Impact's core values continues, with lessons learned from the ground helping to steer the course.
Don’t Miss Out
- Stay tuned for the next episode where we delve deeper into the mechanics of creating a meaningful impact through collective experiences.
Connect With Us
- Host: Nick Kershaw
- Website: Impact Marathon
- Socials: @ImpactMarathons on all platforms
Join us in the next episode as we continue to dig deeper, always keeping the passion alive while navigating the complexities of social entrepreneurship.
Passionate, gritty, and full of real-world learnings, this episode will serve as both a motivator and a grounding force for anyone looking to make a genuine difference in the world. Cheers!
Liza was born and raised in Guatemala City, learning about Impact Marathon through her work with our partners SERES. She holds a Masters in Project Management, and Communications, thus she is the perfect person to keep our teams on track, and Impact Runners up-to-date on all they can expect at their next race with us.
Mon 26 Feb 2024 • Liza Kershaw
impact stories: the power of unity
Thu 22 Feb 2024 • Liza Kershaw
impact stories - desert to oasis: the greening the desert miracle
Tue 20 Feb 2024 • Liza Kershaw
2025 Guatemala Impact Marathon: A Thoughtful Stride into the Future
Fri 16 Feb 2024 • Liza Kershaw
impact stories: how to be powerful
Thu 1 Feb 2024 • Nick Kershaw
Empowering Strides: Unveiling the World’s Most Powerful Races in 2024
Wed 27 Dec 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Echoes of Impact: A Reflective Journey Through 2023's Races and Beyond
Thu 14 Dec 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Petra Reimagined: A Testament to Resilience and Solidarity with Impact Marathon
Thu 7 Dec 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Turn a desert green? That's Impossible!
Tue 24 Oct 2023 • Liza Kershaw
PODCAST: The Crevasse
Sat 21 Oct 2023 • Liza Kershaw
PODCAST: How Just ONE Meeting Changes Everything
Fri 20 Oct 2023 • Liza Kershaw
PODCAST: Starting from Zero in Kathmandu
Thu 19 Oct 2023 • Liza Kershaw
PODCAST: The Unfolding Origin of Impact Marathons
Mon 16 Oct 2023 • Nick Kershaw
A Bucket-List Marathon: Why Jordan Should Be Your Next Running Destination
Thu 12 Oct 2023 • Nick Kershaw
5 Reasons the Nepal Impact Marathon Is More Than Just a Race
Tue 26 Sep 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Regenerative Travel and the Nepal Impact Marathon: Running for a Better World
Mon 18 Sep 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Why Guatemala Is the Perfect Adventure Destination for U.S. Trail Runners
Thu 7 Sep 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Why Team Up For the Guatemala Impact Marathon?
Tue 5 Sep 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Running with Purpose: The Synergistic Impact of SERES, Youth Leadership, and the Guatemala Impact Marathon
Thu 31 Aug 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Adapting to Tropical Conditions: An Evidence-Based Approach to Training for International Marathons
Tue 29 Aug 2023 • Nick Kershaw
A Beginner's Guide to International Marathons: Why Start with Guatemala
Thu 10 Aug 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Running with purpose: the Jordan Impact Marathon partners with the Invictus Games Foundation
Fri 14 Jul 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Lessons from Love Trails: Celebrating Obsession with Experience Creation in the World of Running Events
Fri 23 Jun 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Exploring the Enchanting History of Antigua: Our Home for the 7th Guatemala Impact Marathon
Tue 20 Jun 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Run the Extra Mile: Impact Marathons and the Journey to Social Change
Mon 19 Jun 2023 • Nick Kershaw
Women on the start line: Integrating SheRaces into our Impact Marathons
Thu 25 May 2023 • Dave Melody
Why Impact Marathons are changing the face of global charity events
Wed 18 Jan 2023 • Nick Kershaw
ChatGPT wrote a poem about our run in Guatemala...
Wed 21 Jul 2021 • Nick Kershaw
One goal to rule them all : A lesson learnt in our pursuit of The Global Goals
Tue 15 Jun 2021
Dropping pebbles, investing in yourself and making an impact
Fri 12 Feb 2021
Introducing: Impact Stories with Nick Kershaw
Fri 12 Feb 2021
Going Green in Malawi: An unexpected challenge
Fri 12 Feb 2021
Impact 101: Conversation with 'We Got The Runs' Podcast
Fri 27 Nov 2020
Ultimate Gift Guide for the Ethical Runner
Mon 2 Nov 2020
How do you create a new race route? Meet the Impact Pyramid
Thu 15 Oct 2020 • Dave Melody
4 ways to maximise your impact (that don't involve any running)
Sun 27 Sep 2020
Green World Programme x Impact Marathon
Thu 6 Aug 2020
Impact in 2020: Step sideways, to leap forward
Wed 15 Jul 2020
RunTalkRun x Impact Marathons: Global running movements join forces
Tue 7 Jul 2020
How to be a change-maker - a conversation with the RunTalkRun podcast
Fri 3 Jul 2020
Coach Gabriel's winning culture: How Kenyan world records are made
Wed 17 Jun 2020
Silent Motivations - A conversation with the Evossi Explore Show
Mon 8 Jun 2020
What's in a medal? The story behind an Impact medal
Thu 20 Feb 2020
Guatemala Impact Marathon: From dream to reality
Sat 1 Feb 2020
Runners Recipes: Charlie Watson's Avocado Bread
Fri 31 Jan 2020
Impact Runner Stories: Kit Garnett @ Nepal Impact Marathon 2019
Tue 17 Dec 2019
Pablo: The main man of Guatemala Impact
Tue 29 Oct 2019
Kelsang: The unsung hero of Nepal Impact
Wed 2 Oct 2019
Team Impact: Through the eyes of an investor
Mon 9 Sep 2019 • Nick Kershaw
It takes a village
Thu 29 Aug 2019
Meet the storytellers
Wed 14 Aug 2019
Why a flash storm in Kenya is exactly what your company needs to thrive
Wed 7 Aug 2019
Team Impact: Through the eyes of our volunteers
Tue 16 Jul 2019
Nepal Impact 2019 to be led by an all-female race director team
Tue 14 May 2019
Building resilience: Permaculture and sustainable development
Mon 4 Feb 2019
4 reasons to run up an active volcano
Tue 8 Jan 2019
MarathonTalk - Martin's trip to Kenya
Wed 26 Dec 2018
The best brands for ethical running gear
Wed 26 Dec 2018
A CALL TO ACTION FROM 'THRIVE WITH JOE'
Wed 26 Dec 2018 • Nick Kershaw
Asante Sana, Kenya, For the Memories